HVAC Mishap

This morning at 8:47am 183 Station and Medic 11 were dispatched to Applebee’s in West Hazleton for a commercial structure fire. Engine 2 hit the street upon dispatch and arrived to find nothing showing. Engine 1 arrived and was ready for a reverse lay. Truck 1 arrived and took placement to the roof. Crews split into interior and roof crews. Crews found a burning odor from the HVAC unit. Roof crews secured power to the unit. It was determined the motor in the unit malfunctioned. The HVAC repair company arrived and started repairs to the unit. Medic 11 stood-by until released by command. Applebee’s should be open normal business hours today.