Grilling Mishap!

Last evening around 6:17pm Luzerne County Communications Center dispatched 183 Station and Medic 11 to 617 Allen Street for a reported residential structure fire. Engine 2, Truck 1, and 183 Car all hit the street immediately after dispatch and were advised of a grill on fire on the front porch of the residence. Crews quickly arrived on scene to find that the fire was out and ventilation was needed. The box was held to Engine 2, Truck 1, and 183 Car as ventilation was completed. Engine 1 and the Rescue stood by in quarters for any additional calls in West Hazleton

This should serve as a reminder that with the nice weather we should keep grills ten (10) feet away from a structure as per the Borough Ordinance.